The Institute for Bioeconomy of the National Research Council (CNR-IBE) in collaboration with the Foundation for Climate and Sustainability organizes the International SymposiumThe Mediterranean Coastal Monitoring: Problems and Measurement Techniques” to be held in Livorno in the second half of June 2022 at theNatural History Museum of the Mediterranean.
The event, now in its ninth edition, is addressed, every two years, to all scholars of the coastal areas of the coastal towns. In particular, as in previous editions, it is proposed as a place to make known the research work carried out in recent years on the theme of Mediterranean monitoring, and therefore an opportunity to present new proposals and promote actions in favor of the protection of marine and coastal environment.
The Symposium will focus on the discussion of issues related to the coastal areas of the Mediterranean and the search for technical and instrumental solutions to problems relating to energy production in the coastal area, to the morphology and evolution of the coastline, to the flora and fauna of the coastal system. , the legal and economic aspects, the management of integrated coastal protection, the geography and architecture of the coastal strip, the safeguarding and protection of cultural heritage. The event will be divided into the following sessions:
- FLORA AND FAUNA OF THE LITORAL SYSTEM: DYNAMICS AND PROTECTION
- MORPHOLOGY AND EVOLUTION OF COASTALS AND ITS BOTTOMS
- COASTAL ENVIRONMENT ENGINEERING: POLLUTION, ENERGY PRODUCTION, ECONOMIC-ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING AND EVALUATION, REGULATORY CONTEXT
- COASTAL AND UNDERWATER CULTURAL HERITAGE
- GEOGRAPHY AND LANDSCAPE OF THE COASTAL STRIP: DYNAMICS OF THE TERRITORY AND INTEGRATED PROTECTION